How can Mac Users Reset Forgotten Windows Password?
- Click here to download and save the PCUnlocker program on your Mac OS X. The downloaded file is a self-extracting zip archive which contains a WinPE-based ISO image called pcunlocker.iso.
- Double-click on the .zip file you have downloaded, Archive Utility should appear and automatically extract your files. Once the files have been extracted, you can find the pcunlocker.iso file in a folder located in the same location as the original .zip file.
- Insert a blank CD into your computer's optical drive.
- Open Finder and navigate to Applications -> Utilities and double-click Disk Utility.
- Once the Disk Utility is launched, click the Burn button at the top of Disk Utility in the toolbar.
- Choose the pcunlocker.iso file from the pop up window. Click on Burn and confirm your operation. Sit back and wait while your new disc gets written!
- Insert the CD into the CD drive of your locked Windows computer. Boot the computer from the CD.
- Once the WinPE operating system inside the CD is loaded into
memory, the PCUnlocker application will start. It displays a list of
local user accounts that are detected from your Windows SAM database.
- Choose your administrator account and click on Reset Password button. It will reset your forgotten Windows admin password immediately.
- Click Restart to reboot your computer and remove the CD. You can then log in to your Windows administrator account without a password. Done!