Here I'm going to explain how to reset Sony Vaio Windows 7 password with PCUnlocker Live CD or USB drive. This method works with all Sony Vaio laptops and tablets, including UEFI-based computers.
Part 1: Create A PCUnlocker Live CD/USB Drive
- Before resetting Sony Vaio password, you need to use another computer to make a PCUnlocker boot media. Simply download the trial version of PCUnlocker Enterprise, unzip the downloaded file and you'll get an ISO image file called pcunlocker.iso.
- Next download and install the freeware ISO2Disc. Run the ISO2Disc program, click on Browse button to select the PCUnlocker ISO image.
- To make a PCUnlocker Live CD, simply select Burn to CD/DVD and click on Start Burn. However, if you don't have a blank CD at hand, you can make a bootable USB drive: Choose your USB drive and then click on Start Burn.
- Plug the USB drive into a USB port of your Sony Vaio laptop, or put the CD in the optical drive if you’ve created a Live CD.
- When the computer is turned off, press the Assist button at the top of the keyboard, and you're greeted with Sony's VAIO Care utility.
- Select the Start from media (USB device/optical disc) [F11] option to proceed. Now the computer starts to boot from the CD or USB drive.
- After one or two minutes, you'll see the PCUnlocker program and it shows you a list of local accounts existing on your Sony Vaio laptop.
- Choose a local account and then click Reset Password button, it will reset your forgotten password immediately.